How do I take a variation/reduce my hours on my contract?

A teacher with permanent status can request a reduction in working hours which is generally granted on a temporary basis for one year initially, with the possibility of an extension for a further year. 

The request for a variation to a permanent contract is made by the individual teacher to the principal of the school. The decision to grant this variation is made by the principal and the Board of Governors.