43 Balloo Road,
T: 02891 279 765
Chief Executive, CCMS
Temporary Modification of Education Duties (No. 2) Notice (NI) 2020..
- The Coronavirus Act 2020 received Royal Assent on 25 March
- Under the Coronavirus Act 2020 the Department has the power to issue a Notice disapplying or modifying any one or more of the provisions listed in Part II of the Education (NI) Order 1996 and the Education (Special Educational Needs) Regulations (NI) 2005 for a specified
- Please see attached a Notice in exercise of the powers conferred on the Department by section 38(3)(c) and paragraph 17(1), (2)(b) and (d) and (7) of Schedule 17 to the Coronavirus Act
- The Notice modifies the duties on the Education Authority; Schools; Boards of governors of schools; the Health and Social Services Authority and parents to a best endeavours duty but only where the inability to comply with that original duty is attributable to the temporary closure of schools in Northern Ireland or the reallocation of Education Authority or health and social care resources to meet other essential services required as a result of the current outbreak of coronavirus in Northern Ireland.
- The Department considers this as an appropriate and proportionate action as Statutory authorities are unable to comply with the original duties due to the temporary closure of schools in Northern Ireland and/or the reallocation of Education Authority or health and social care resources to meet other essential services required as a result of the current outbreak of coronavirus in Northern
- The Notice lasts 28 days and can be revoked or amended if the situation changes before that. A further Notice may be issued after 28 days by the Department in respect of the same duty or duties, if
- Under Schedule 17 to the Coronavirus Act the Department is required to publish a notice under this paragraph and to take such other steps as the Department considers reasonable to bring the notice to the attention of those likely to be affected by
- I would be grateful if you could bring this Notice to the attention of any of your stakeholders who are likely to be affected by
- If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to call
DIRECTOR, INCLUSION AND WELLBEING